Friday, July 23, 2010

Holidays in July Card Share - Happy Thanksgiving

Hi Everyone,
I am back with two more cards from last weekend's Creative Card class, Holidays in July. Today's card share focuses on Thanksgiving, that wonderful holiday spent with family and friends.
I love the colors of Fall and for the first card I used a Very Vanilla card base and gave it a lift with More Mustard cardstock embossed with the Square Lattice Textured Embossing folder using my Big Shot.
The top half of the Very Vanilla was stamped with the leaves image from the new stamp set, Confetti, to create a Fall background using the new In Color, Peach Parfait Classic ink. This stamp set has six different images suitable for holidays throughout the year. It is a great set and I am looking forward to playing with this set more in the future.
Once my background was stamped and the More Mustard cardstock was adhered to the bottom half of the card base, I used my new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch to create a paper ribbon for my card from the new Cajun Craze cardstock. I love this color and I can see it being perfect for my Fall projects this year.
Let me tell you, this punch is so cool! It punches out the scalloped strip in one punch (no punching one side then flipping it over and trying to match it to punch the other side). You don't even have to cut a separate strip of cardstock to use it. I just punched it from a large piece of Cajun Craze cardstock and it left a neat straight edge on the remaining piece. Quick and easy to use and you have this neat paper ribbon to use on your cards, scrapbook pages and gifts.
I adhered the paper ribbon with Snail adhesive to cover the seam between the More Mustard and Very Vanilla cardstock.
Next I used my second stamp set for this card, Falling Leaves, to create the sentiment and the circle embellishment. I stamped the acorn Thanksgiving image using Cajun Craze Classic ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then punched it out using the 1" Circle punch. I adhered this to the Cajun Craze paper ribbon using a Stampin' Dimensional. 
Finally, I stamped the Grateful sentiment with Cajun Craze Classic ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then used the Word Window punch to punch it out. I adhered it to the More Mustard cardstock with Snail adhesive.
I love the informal, fun feel of this card and this design would be great to use to create a set of cards or to use for an invitation for a get together.
The second card we created has a more elegant, almost formal feel to it. This card really does showcase how amazing heat embossing looks on a card to create a tone on tone look that can be dramatic.
For this card we used the stamp set, Autumn Splendor, a wonderful leaf set that is perfect for the Fall and we combined it with the Jumbo Stampin' Around Wheel, Bright Blessings. For this card I chose to use Cajun Craze cardstock for my card base and Chocolate Chip cardstock for the accent strip.
The leaf background on the Cajun Craze card base was created by stamping the image using Versamark in randomly over the cardstock. Then I applied clear embossing powder to the images and heat embossed to bring the leaves to life. I love heat embossing, it's like watching magic happen as the embossing powder heats and melts to leave a raised, glossy image. Too Cool!
The next step, I used my jumbo Stampin' Around Wheel, Bright Blessings, with the Versamark ink and rolled my stamped image onto the strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock. Once again, I sprinkled embossing powder onto the image and heated it with the heat tool until the embossing powder melted to create the desired effect. I adhered the Chocolate Chip cardstock to my card base using Snail adhesive.
The last step is to create the acorn embellishment for the top of the card. Once again we will be heat embossing but this time we stamped the acorn stamped image (also from the Autumn Splendor stamp set) using Chocolate Chip Craft ink on Whisper White cardstock. Craft ink has a longer drying time and is perfect to use with embossing powder and gives you the option of many colors to choose from.
After stamping the image, I again sprinkled it with embossing powder and heated it with the heat tool. I then used the 1 1/4" Circle punch to punch out the image. Next I punched out a circle with the 1 3/8" Circle punch from Cajun Craze cardstock and adhered it to the back of the Whisper White circle to create a matte.
Finally, using the Scallop Circle punch, punch out a scalloped circle from a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock and adhere it to the back of the Cajun Craze circle with a Stampin' Dimensional. The last step is to attach it to the top part of your card using a Snail Adhesive.
This is another great card design that would be great for making multiple cards at one time. It would also make a great masculine card and you could change the theme of the Stampin' Around wheel to suit the occasion.
I hope you have enjoyed these two Thanksgiving cards and hope that it inspires you to start thinking about your Thanksgiving projects. After all, Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday to spend with family and friends, so why not get your cards and projects done early so that you have the chance to enjoy a stress free holiday.
Until Next Time.
Happy Stampin',
Tricia Butts

Supplies Used (All Stampin' Up):
Card 1 Grateful Thanksgiving
Stamp Sets:
Falling Leaves 115368  Price: $21.95  Set Quantity: 9




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Confetti Wood Mount 116960  Price: $16.95  Set Quantity: 6
               Clear Mount 120465  Price  $12.95
 
  Cardstock: Very Vanilla, More Mustard, Cajun Craze
  Inks: Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze Classic Inks
 Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder, Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch, 1" Circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail adhesive







Card 2: Autumn Splendor Thanksgiving
Stamp sets:
Bright Blessings Jumbo Stampin' Around Wheel 115626 Price $8.50
Autumn Splendor 116503  Price: $20.95  Set Quantity: 4

Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Inks: Versamark, Chocolate Chip Craft ink
Accessories: Clear Embossing powder, Heat Tool, Stampin' Around Jumbo handle, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment