Thursday, July 22, 2010

Creative Card Share - Stained Glass Technique with Vellum

Hi Everyone,
Well, my house is slowly getting back to normal and it no longer seems strange that we don't have guests here anymore. It was wonderful to have family visiting us and even though it was for only a short time, the memories will last a lifetime.
Today I thought I would share with you a technique that I have wanted to try for quite a while, but just hadn't gotten around to it. Thanks to a swap that I joined on the group "Art for the Creative Mind", I played with this technique and now I am addicted to it.
Honestly, it is really very simple but the effect is amazing and everyone that I have shown my cards to has just gone "Wow"! Now is that something that we all love?
Here is the original card that I created for my swap partner, Jeri, using the stamp set Elements of Style, the retired stamp set Asian Artistry (the dragonfly) and the background stamp En Francais (all from Stampin' Up). The butterflies are embossed and diecut with the Sizzix Embosslit die, Beautiful Wings and they are enhanced with Dazzling Diamonds for a little sparkle. The floral image has been stamped on vellum and colored on the reverse with my Stampin' Write Markers.
Don't you just love the soft, vintage feel to this card? The vellum gives the impression that the colored, stamped flowers are just floating on the surface of the card. In case you were wondering, the theme for the swap was Dragonflies & Butterflies and I think this card covered them both with style.
Would you like to see how I created this card? Stay tuned for my next post for details on how to create a card similar to this using the same technique.
Until Next Time.
Happy Stampin',
Tricia Butts

Supplies Used (All Stampin' Up):
Stamps: Elements of Style, En Francais, Asian Artistry (retired)
Inks: Basic Brown (retired), Crumb Cake Classic Inks
Papers: Very Vanilla Cardstock, White Vellum Paper
Accessories: Big Shot, Sizzix Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Stampin' Write Markers (Marina Mist, Blushing Bride, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Bashful Blue), Sponge Daubers, Dazzling Diamonds, Two Way Glue Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment