Saturday, July 24, 2010

Holidays in July Creative Card Share - Christmas in July Part 1

Happy Saturday Everyone,
Did you realize that tomorrow is July 25th, aka Christmas in July? Hard to believe isn't it? I actually went online just to see how long it is until each of the big 3 holidays and this is what I learned (as of July 24th):
99 days until Halloween
123 days until Thanksgiving (November 25th in the U.S.)
153 days until Christmas
Scary isn't it? So with that little piece of trivia to ponder, I will share with you today the two cards we made last weekend for my Holidays in July Creative Card Class. Hopefully the cards I have shared with you will help inspire you to start making your holiday plans.
Now everyone has their own favorite style when it comes to Christmas. Today I will be sharing two cards that have very different styles that are very easy to create.
The first card I want to share with you has a vintage feel to it using traditional Christmas colors of red and green with a hint of gold. I love this card because it gave me the chance to try out one of my new favorite Stampin' Up colors, Cherry Cobbler, combined with Old Olive and Very Vanilla. The card base and matte for the image are created with Old Olive cardstock and the embossed layer is a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock that I embossed using my Big Shot and the new Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
The hint of gold comes from Stampin' Up's Champagne Mist Shimmer paint, which gives the card that wonderful antique glow. I gently sponged the shimmer paint onto the embossed ares of the Cherry Cobbler cardstock using a sponge dauber.
The stamp I used is Dasher, from the Ala Carte stamp selection in the new 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog. I stamped this image on the Very Vanilla cardstock with Chocolate Chip Classic ink. To add a little sparkle, I used my Two Way Glue Pen to add Dazzling Diamonds to his antlers.
The finishing touch is the wonderful Old Olive 5/8" Satin Ribbon which just ties all the elements of the card together. I also stamped my sentiment on the inside with Chocolate Chip Classic ink. I chose to use the Merry Christmas stamp from the Stampin' Up stamp set, Four the Holidays, which has four wonderful holiday sentiments perfect for your holiday cards.
This quick and simple card would be great to send out to your family and friends for the holidays. Add a photo and a short newsletter to the inside of your card and your Christmas cards this year will be the talk of the town. Add a little variation by switching the colors around or come up with your own holiday color combination. Change the stamp and you will have a completely original card of your own.
I hope you enjoyed this Creative Card share and I hope it provides you with ideas to create your own Christmas cards and help to reduce the stress of the holidays.
Have any questions or want to place an order? Please contact me today and I will be happy to help you. Or place your order online via my Stampin' Up website using my Online Store. Just click Shop Now to start shopping.
Until Next Time.
Happy Stampin',
Tricia Butts
http://www.triciabutts.stampinup.net/

Supplies Used (All Stampin' Up):
Stamp Sets:
Four the Holidays 116921  Price $13.95  Set Quantity: 4
The perfect set for the holidays, the Four the Holidays stamp set has the perfect four phrases that will let you say Merry Christmas in just the way you want.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dasher 116816 Price: $8.95
When you only have room for one of the reindeer, Dasher's your man! Stamp him once for a simple card, or multiple times to make up Santa's famous team!
Set Quantity: 1

Cardstock: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
Inks: Chocolate Chip Classic ink
Accessories: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Old Olive 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Champagne Mist Shimmer paint, Dazzling Diamonds, Two Way Glue Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive



No comments:

Post a Comment