Thursday, August 16, 2012

Let it Snow?

Hi Everyone,

Well, it may not be cold enough to snow, but the temperature here in Northglenn is about 20 degrees cooler today than yesterday.  This started me thinking about the fact that it is mid August and snow has a habit of showing up here in Colorado when you least expect it. Thankfully it is usually gone again as quickly as it arrived, but it got me thinking about snowmen and how much I love these cute little guys.
So I thought I would share with you a card that we created recently at my Christmas in July card class.  I love the color combination of Island Indigo with Pool Party, two of the 2011-2013 In Colors, and it seemed like the perfect combination for a snowman card.
This frosty card features one of the snowmen from the stamp set, Snow Much Fun, and I think that is a pretty accurate description of this stamp set.  You can't help but smile when you create with these stamps.


Our snow friend was "watercolored" with a blender pen and ink and I added some sparkle to him with Dazzling Diamonds. The Silver Glimmer paper border and Island Indigo 3/8" Ruffled ribbon accent dress up this fun Christmas card.
I hope you enjoy this sweet snowman Christmas card and I hope it inspires you to create your own Christmas cards ready for the holidays.

Until Next Time.
Happy Stamping,
Tricia Butts
http://www.triciabutts.stampinup.net

Recipe: (products are all Stampin' Up!)
Stamp Set: Snow Much Fun (p15)
Inks: Stazon Jet Black (p157), Classic Pool Party (p152), Island Indigo (p152), Basic Grey  (p156) & Pumpkin Pie (p153)
Cardstock: Pool Party (p152), Island Indigo (p152), Naturals White (p160), Silver Glimmer Paper (p160)
Accessories: Sizzix Big Shot(p186), Argyle Embossing Folder (p189), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (p183), Blender Pen (p178), Dazzling Diamonds (p158), Island Indigo 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon (p172), Snail Adhesive (p177), Stampin' Dimensionals (p177)

No comments:

Post a Comment