Friday, August 17, 2012

VC Rocks Blog 4 - Big Shot, Punch Art & Simply Scored Projects

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the VC Rocks Blog Hop #4, featuring projects created using the Big Shot, Punch Art with punches as well as Stampin' Up!'s Simply Scored Tool.  To view the list of blogs participating in this Blog Hop, click here to visit the VC Rocks Blog.

If you are just starting the Blog Hop here, then welcome and I hope you will enjoy all the wonderful projects that everyone will be sharing this weekend. Or perhaps you may have just come from Mary Campbell's Blog, Mimi to Jett and her amazing creations. This is my first Blog Hop ever and I am so excited to share my projects with you all.

With my 4 children starting school next week, I thought I would share with you this gift idea that would be perfect for a child to give to his/her teacher.  Isn't this petite purse simply adorable?  I just love using my Big Shot to create my projects.  It is probably my most favorite tool in my craft room.  As for my punches, well they would be a close second.


I created my petite purse and matching Thank You card using Wisteria Wonder cardstock from the 2011-2013 In Colors.  I am not normally a purple person but I really love using Wisteria Wonder and the way it pops against the Whisper White. The beauty of this project is that you can use whatever color combination you wish to suit the person receiving it.

The petite purse is created using the  Sizzix Petite Purse Bigz L die with the Big Shot. With just a couple of strips of Sticky Strip, this cute little purse goes together so simply.  Before I assembled the purse, I embossed the die cut cardstock with the new Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (from the 2012 Holiday Catalog) with just a quick pass through the Big Shot. I love the delicate texture it adds to the purse.


To create the embellishment on the front of the purse, I used the stamp set, Mixed Bunch with Wisteria Wonder Classic ink and punched out the stamped circle image using the 3/4" Circle punch. I love how the stamps in this set coordinate with Stampin' Up! punches to make quick and easy projects. I used the new 1 1/4" Scallop Circle punch (also from the 2012 Holiday Catalog) to create the base and embossed it with the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder to match the purse.  The basic Pearl jewel in the center of the flower image adds the finishing touch to the purse.

The matching card is also created using Wisteria Wonder and Whisper White cardstock.  I embossed the Whisper White cardstock with the Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to coordinate with the purse.  The flower is created using one of the stamps from the Mixed Bunch stamp set with Wisteria Wonder Classic ink and punched out with the coordinating Blossom punch. I also punched out another blossom shape from Wisteria Wonder cardstock and attached the layers with a Stampin' Dimensional, offsetting the petals.  I stamped the circle image separately (the same one I used for the purse) and punched it out with the 3/4" Circle punch. Once again I used the Basic Pearl Jewel to embellish the center.


The sentiment is from one of my favorite stamp sets, Curly Cute.  I just love the simple elegance it brings to my projects.  I stamped Thank You with Wisteria Wonder Classic ink on Whisper White cardstock and punched it out using the Modern Label punch. I used the Extra Large Oval punch to punch out an oval from Wisteria Wonder cardstock to create a matte and also embossed it using the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder.

You can fill your petite purse with candy or chocolate for a sweet treat.  It would also be great gift bag for jewelry for someone special.  Imagine the cute favors you could create for a Bridal or Baby Shower, not to mention for birthday parties. One of the best things about using the Big Shot and Stampin' Up!'s punches, is that it helps you create amazing cards and gifts, quickly and easily.

I hope you have enjoyed my Blog Hop share and I hope it helps to inspire you to create your own creative project.  Now it's time to move on to Loni Holt's Blog, Loni's Life and see the wonderful creations she has for you. 

Until Next Time.
Happy Stamping,
Tricia Butts
http://www.triciabutts.stampinup.net


Recipe (All Products are Stampin' Up!):
Stamp Sets: Mixed Bunch (p 94), Curly Cute (p 138)
Inks:  Wisteria Wonder Classic (p 152)
Cardstock: Wisteria Wonder (p152), Whisper White (p 156)
Accessories: Big Shot (p 186), Petite Purse Bigz L Die (p194), Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (p 6*), 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch (p 7*), Blossom Punch (p185), Extra Large Oval Punch (p 184), Modern Label Punch (p 183), 3/4" Circle Punch (p184), Basic Pearl Jewels (p 175), Stampin' Dimensionals (p 177), Snail Adhesive (p 177), Sticky Strip (p 177)

Page numbers are from the 2012-2013 Catalog
Except those marked with a * which can be found in the 2012 Holiday Catalog











12 comments:

  1. So very pretty! Love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Wisteria Wonder and what you have done with it.


    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job you ave done on your first blog hop. Love the projects and your did a great job on your post too! I made a few hundred wedding invites for my niece with the Wisteria color and have not touched it since, lol! Maybe I will give it another try now that it has been about 6 months or so, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia, I just love your projects! Wisteria Wonder is one of those colors that grew on me, and now I am sorry I did not use it more at first. Great ideas for teacher gifts (or anyone) ... now my mind is racing about all the people I can make these for. Thanx so much for sharing - great job for your first blog hop - they are fun, not hard to do, huh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a lovely gift set. I can't think of anything better to carry your chocolate in than a purse!! I am a purple lover and chocolate lover so you made my day. Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely gift set. Love that little purse. This was one die I told myself I WAS NOT going to get, but the more I see the more I want it. Beautiful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE!!! CUTE!!! CUTE!!! What a great job on this Blog Hop! Thanks for making my smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this and may have to case it! So simple yet so elegant! Thanks for playing with us at LNS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love this color :) Thanks for joining the LNS challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Love Love them. I just love the color, I wish SU would make it a core color.

    ReplyDelete