Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Clean & Simple With Circle Circus

Hello Again,
I decided to get in an extra post today to share with you all a simple card I created recently for a class. If I had to describe my style of cardmaking at the moment, I think I would have to say I tend towards clean and simple cards. With a busy family life, I don't get a lot of time to spend making cards, so when I do get the chance I like to create cards that are relatively quick to make but still have a little wow factor when you look at them.
Today's card is another one of those cards that would work for many different occasions as well as being suitable for a masculine or feminine card. I was inspired by a SU demonstrator, Janice Webb, who creates amazing cards. You can see the cards she created here. The stamp set I chose is Stampin' Up's Circle Circus. I love the geometric designs in this set as well as the variety of sizes of the circles.
Now I don't know about you but I am always needing birthday cards at the last minute and usually get caught having to throw one together at a moments notice because I don't have any on hand. So this year I am trying to do better and put together a supply of cards for birthdays and other everyday occasions to help take the pressure off.
For this birthday card I chose from Stampin' Up's In Colors to create this design. The cardstock I chose for the card base is Bermuda Bay and I layered a piece of Soft Suede to provide a contrasting matte for my Whisper White Cardstock.
The design is stamped in Bermuda Bay Classic ink using two of the circle stamps from the Circle Circus stamp set. I chose a large and a small circle of contrasting designs for my design but you could choose which ever stamps appeal to you. To add a little pop to my card I stamped the large circle stamp in Crushed Curry on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock and then punched out he center design with a 1 3/8" Circle punch. I then adhered them to the center of two of the large Bermuda Bay circles with snail adhesive, the circle on the outer edge I trimmed flush with the edge of the Whisper White cardstock.
Finally I stamped my sentiment in Soft Suede using the Well Scripted stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  Isn't this a beautiful stamp set? I see so many wonderful possibilities for card designs using this set in the future. Stay tuned for future posts.
So there you have it. A very simple card that is quick to put together but has a little wow to make it special. I can see this card design working well with other color combinations depending on the occasion and the person you wish to give it to.
Hope you have a great day. Until Next Time.
Stampin' Hugs,
Tricia Butts

Products Used (All Stampin' Up Products):
Stamp Sets: Circle Circus 115778  Price: $28.95 Set Quantity: 10
                    Well Scripted  Clear Mount 118601 Price: $14.95
                                            Wood Mount 117072  Price: $19.95  Set Quantity: 6



 
Cardstock: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede
Inks: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry
Accessories: 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Snail adhesive

2 comments:

  1. Tricia,

    I love your card and am so thrilled that a card of mine inspired yours! What a wonderful compliment and you really made my day!

    Happy stamping!

    Jan Webb
    www.sunnysideofcrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with both color and design on this -- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete