Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Card Share: Things I Love

 Happy Tuesday Everyone,

I am back with a Card Share for you today, using one of the stamp sets you can earn for free during Sale-a-bration. The stamp set, Things I Love (which can be found on p54 of the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog) is one of 77 sets listed on p11 of the Sale-a-bration Mini Catalog (the inside back cover) and is fast becoming a new favorite with me and my two daughters. How can you not love a stamp set that features chocolate!

I decided to use Stampin' Up's In Colors to give my card a little kick, so to speak. I used Soft Suede for the card base and embossed it with my Sizzix Finial Press embossing folder using my Big Shot. 
I then added a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock to the lower section of my card, after I stamped the background using the Sweet Swirls wheel with Melon Mambo Classic ink.  Before adhering the Melon Mambo cardstock to the base card, I wrapped a piece of the Soft Suede Polka Dot 1/2" Grosgrain ribbon across the top edge of the cardstock, so that it will give the card a seamless look. Then with a shorter piece of the Soft Suede ribbon, I tied a knot to give the appearance of a bow. I adhered the Melon Mambo cardstock with snail adhesive to the Soft Suede card base.
Next I stamped one of each of the images from the Things I Love stamp set ( shopping bag - Bermuda Bay, Chocolate - Soft Suede, Heart - Melon Mambo, and new shoes in Rich Razzleberry, all In Color Classic inks) on Whisper White cardstock.
Using the 1" Circle punch, I then punched out each of the images and matted them on 1 1/4" Circles punched from Bermuda Bay cardstock.  I arranged them on the upper half of the Soft Suede card base using Mini Glue Dots.
The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the stamp set, Well Scripted (available in traditional Wood Mount or the new Clear Mount option), which can be found in the Occasions Mini Catalog. I stamped it on Whisper White cardstock using Soft Suede Classic ink and then punched it out using the Wide Oval punch. To add a little fun to the card, I embellished the sentiment with a cute little brad from the Chocolate Chip Sending Love Epoxy Brads (also in the Occasions Mini Catalog p13). The little flower on the brad fit perfectly with the theme of the card without overpowering the sentiment. I adhered the wide oval to the Melon Mambo cardstock with dimensionals to finish off the card.
Here is a close up view of the sweet, little flower brad I used for embellishment. This brad set contains two different designs and you get 8 of each design (a total of 16 brads) for just $3.25 and is a wonderful and very affordable addition to your paper crafting supplies. They would make a great addition to your cards, scrapbook pages and many other papercrafting projects.
My biggest challenge is that both of my daughters have fallen in love with this card and want it for their next birthday.
I guess there is only one way to solve this problem. I will just have to make another one, lol. 
I hope you have enjoyed this card share today as much as I had creating it. It really is a fun card and would be perfect not only as a birthday card, but also a Thinking of You or Friend card.
Until Next Time.
Stamping Hugs,
Tricia Butts

Products Used (All Stampin' Up): 
Stamp Sets: Things I Love 115229  Price: $15.95  Set Quantity: 6
* Free Sale-a-bration Reward with Purchase of $50 in Stampin' Up products (excluding S&H and Taxes) Use Item #120208.
Well Scripted Wood Mount 117072 $19.95   Set of 6
                          Clear Mount 118601 $14.95
Sweet Swirls Wheel 115523 $6.50
Cardstock: In Colors - Soft Suede, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay; Whisper White
Inks: Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede
Accessories:Big Shot, Sizzix Finial Press embossing folder, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Soft Suede Polka Dot 1/2" ribbon, 1/4" Chocolate Chip Sending Love Epoxy Brads, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment