Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Occasions Mini Share: Pretty Pink Build a Blossom

Hi Everyone,
Today's Creative Card Share features the amazing stamp set, Build a Blossom, from the Occasions Mini Catalog. I love the variety of petals and using the two step stamping method you can create beautiful flowers of all shapes and sizes.
Plus, to make our life easier, Stampin' Up! has provided us with an incredible punch, Blossom Petals Punch, so that we can stamp and punch to make quick and easy cards and projects that look like they took forever to create. You can find both the stamp set and coordinating punch on page 12 of the Occasions Mini Catalog.
To create this card I used Whisper White cardstock for my card base and I used my Big Shot and the Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (page 28 Occasions Mini Catalog) to create a pretty border for my card design.
The petals of the flower were created by stamping the large petal images onto a 2 1/2" strip of Whisper White cardstock using Regal Rose Classic ink. I stamped the solid petal image first by inking the stamp and then stamping the image once on a scrap sheet of paper and then stamping the image onto my Whisper White cardstock. Next I inked the large petal detail stamp using the same color ink, but I stamped it directly onto the solid stamped image to provide a darker tone to the petal.  I created 6 petals using this technique and then I punched them out using my Blossom Petals Punch.
The center of the flower was created using the large center image stamped with More Mustard Classic ink on Whisper White cardstock. I then punched it out using the 1" Circle punch.
To assemble the flower, I punched out a 1 1/4" circle of scrap cardstock and attached the petals to it with snail adhesive, overlapping the petals slightly to create a balanced flower. Next I added the center of the flower using a Stampin' Dimensional.
To attach the flower to the card, I added a Stampin' Dimensional to the back of the scrap circle (used to attach the petals to). I put a Stampin' Dimensional on every 2nd petal so that three petals are raised to create dimension and carefully placed it on the card front and pressed down to adhere the flower.
For a little sparkle, I used my Two Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds on the outer edges of each petal and the center of the flower.  I stamped the sentiment from the Messages for Mom stamp set in Regal Rose Classic ink.
I love that you can create this gorgeous card with a minimum of supplies. Change the ink color or use a different petal size for a completely different look. Just think of all the fun you can have.
I hope you have enjoyed today's Creative Card Share and hopefully I have helped inspire you to create a pretty Spring card that is quick and simple to create. Please contact me if you have any questions or you would like to place an order. Plus, you can place your order 24/7 by visiting my Online Store. Remember, the Occasions Mini Catalog ends April 30th, so place your order soon before they disappear.
Until Next Time.
Happy Stampin',
Tricia Butts

Supplies Used (Stampin' Up only unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Sets: Build a Blossom, Messages for Mom
Cardstock: Whisper White, scrap cardstock
Ink: Regal Rose, More Mustard Classic inks
Accessories: Big Shot, Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Blossom Petals Extra Large Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Two Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds

No comments:

Post a Comment