Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Card Share: Cute Little Cardinals

Hi Everyone,
I am back with another Christmas card share for you that we created in one of my holiday classes this year. I just love these cute little cardinals and the Little Cardinals Builder Wheel available in the Holiday Mini catalog makes this card an easy card to create multiples to save time. I used Jet Black Stazon ink to stamp this image to make sure that the image doesn't smudge.
I used my Stampin' Write Markers to color my cardinals with, and if you wanted to you could color each of you cards differently to make each card unique. I chose Real Red for my Cardinals and Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi and Daffodil Delight for the accents of this particular card.
The cardbase is created from Baja Breeze cardstock and embossed using the Big Shot and the Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. The cardinals are stamped on Whisper White cardstock and matted with a strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock, which has a sweet border created using the Pinking Hearts Border punch.
The sentiment is from the stamp set, Teeny Tiny Wishes, stamped on Whisper White cardstock with Cherry Cobbler Classic ink. It is punched out with the Modern Label Extra Large punch and matted with Cherry Cobbler cardstock also punched with the Modern Label Extra Large punch. To create the matte, just cut the Cherry Cobbler piece in half and attach to each end of the Whisper White punched sentiment (on the reverse).  I then added two Gold Brads to make the sentiment pop.
For a little sparkle to the snow, I used my Two Way Glue Pen to add Dazzling Diamonds to the stamped image to finish off the card.
This card would also make a cute winter birthday card or even a get well card to cheer someone up. These cute little birds can't help but bring a smile to your face when you see them.
I hope you have enjoyed this Christmas Card Share and I hope it helps you to get creative with your cards and projects.
Until Next Time.
Happy Stampin',
Tricia Butts

Supplies Used (All Stampin' Up unless indicated):
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Cherry Cobbler Classic ink
Stamps: Little Cardinals Builder Wheel*, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Accessories: Big Shot, Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder*, Stampin' Around Jumbo Wheel Handle, Builder Wheel Spindle & Spacers, Pinking Hearts Border punch, Modern Label Extra Large punch, Stampin' Write Markers (various colors), Dazzling Diamonds, Two Way Glue Pen, Gold Brads, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment