Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Flowers in Bloom

Hi Everyone,
One of the things I love about summer here in Colorado is seeing all the wonderful flowers in bloom. So many different colors and varieties of flowers to admire but alas, not in my garden. This is quite simply because I was not blessed with a green thumb. Truly, I have given up trying to grow anything as they just seem to die in my presence, lol.
So I have to create my own garden in my own way - with paper! Today I want to share with you the perfect way to give someone a "garden" that they won't have to water and will be able to admire year round.
The flower pot card is definitely not a new idea and I have been inspired by many people who have created their own version of this card.  There is a great tutorial available on Splitcoast Stampers here if you are interested in creating your own version of this card.
The flowers were created using Stampin' Up's Level 2 Hostess Set Punched Posies, which can be found in the Summer Mini Catalog. I love this stamp set because it coordinates with the punches which makes putting cards like this together quickly and easily.
The Classic Ink colors I used are Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry (soon to retire) and Tempting Turquoise and they are stamped on Whisper White cardstock and then punched out using the 5 Petal Flower Punch, Scalloped Circle Punch and XL Fancy Flower Punch.
The flower pot is created from Soft Suede cardstock and I used the Eyelet Border Punch for the edge of the flower pot. I used a piece of Certainly Celery 5/8" Satin Ribbon to embellish the top rim and tucked the edges under the flap so they are hidden.
The sentiment can be found in the Watercolor Trio stamp set, a new favorite that I find myself reaching for more and more, stamped with Melon Mambo Classic ink on Whisper White cardstock. Using the Wide Oval Punch, I then punched out the sentiment and adhered it to the base of the flower pot with dimensionals.
The sparkle on the flowers was created with Dazzling Diamonds adhered with the two way glue pen.
As you can see, the insert has the top three flowers attached and it slides inside the flower pot to create the illusion. The insert is created from Soft Suede and Whisper White cardstocks and the sentiment is stamped with Melon Mambo Classic ink (this sentiment is also from the stamp set Watercolor Trio).
I hope this card share will inspire you to create this card for someone special. After all, who doesn't love to recieve flowers.
Until Next Time.
Happy Stampin',
Tricia Butts



No comments:

Post a Comment