Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday Stamping Creation - I'm Nuts About You

Happy Monday Everyone,
I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend. Mine was very busy but also very special. Yesterday my wonderful husband and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary. Wow, where did the time go?
We had a wonderful day as a family and I count my blessings everyday that I am lucky enough to be married to my best friend who loves me through good times and bad, not to mention he supports me unconditionally.
Now my husband and I, we both have this wacky kind of sense of humor. So when it came time to make his Anniversary card, I knew it needed to be something funny and goofy to bring a smile to his face.
One of my favorite Stampin' Up stamp sets is Animal Crackers and I am so sad to see it retire on June 30th. So I thought, what better way to say goodbye to this set than to use one of the stamp images for my husband's cards. I had recently seen several cards created by other demonstrators using the cute squirrel with the saying "I'm nuts about you" and I just knew that it would be perfect for my husband.
I colored the squirrel and nut image using my classic ink pads and a blender pen using Soft Suede and Dusty Durango Classic ink pads. The acorn border was created using the acorn image from the Autumn Splendor stamp set, stamped in Dusty Durango Classic ink.
Now, I don't know if you noticed, but this isn't an ordinary card. I actually cased this idea from Stampin' Up demonstrator Dawn Griffith, who posted this video tutorial on how to create this cute gift card using a Whisper White Stampin' Up envelope here . I love how simple it is to create but when people see it they just love that it was created from an envelope.
The inside of the card is decorated with the acorn stamped image to create a border and I used the Happy Anniversary sentiment from the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes.  It may be hard to see from the photo, but if you look carefully you can see the opening where you can insert a giftcard or whatever you want to give the recipient. My 9 year old daughter made one of these cards by herself for her sister when she "graduated" from 5th grade and she made a matching bookmark to slide in the opening.
Well, I think my mission was accomplished. When I gave the card to my husband yesterday he loved it and it did make him smile. What more could you ask for.
I hope you all enjoyed today's stamping creation and I hope that you will be inspired to try this wonderful card technique. Trust me, once you have made one, you will want to make more.  They can be very addictive!
Have a great day.
Until Next Time.
Happy Stampin',
Tricia Butts

Last Chance Stamp Set
Animal Crackers  113395

Price: $19.95
These little animal images will crack you up! The Animal Crackers stamp set includes cute little critters and quirky animal-related puns. You'll love watercoloring these cute little guys as they add a bit of humor to your day.
Set Quantity: 5







.

No comments:

Post a Comment