Thursday, May 20, 2010

Simply Elegant Gift Box

Hi Everyone,
Well, it is another crazy day so this will be a quick post and I will hopefully be back later to post another card share for Saturday's Creative Card Buffet. My eldest son has a doctor's appointment this afternoon and I have no idea how long it might take.
So, today I thought I would share with you a 3D project that I made in preparation for Mother's Day. This sweet little box would be perfect for anyone making Teacher Gifts ready for the end of year and you can place notecards inside it or chocolate as a sweet treat.
The top and bottom shape of the box are creating using the Big Shot and the Top Note die (exclusive to Stampin' Up) and I embossed the top piece again using the Big Shot but this time with the Finial Press Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (another Stampin' Up exclusive).
I decorated the top with a pretty 3 dimensional flower created using two scalloped circles punched with the Scalloped Circle punch. I used the faux suede method to separate the layers of each of the scalloped circles so that I had 4 pieces altogether. I then inked the edges of each of the circles and poked a hole through the center of each one with my Paper Piercer. Next I placed a gold brad through the center of all 4 scalloped circles and folded the legs back to anchor it. To create the dimension of the flower, I scrunched each scalloped circle up around the brad to create a blossom similar to a carnation. The leaves were created with the Little Leaves Sizzlit with the Big Shot.
To create the box, I used the tutorial here on Splitcoast Stampers by Angie Tieman. The wonderful thing about this tutorial is that not only does it provide you with written instructions and photos, but it also has a short video clip at the bottom of the page if you are a visual learner (like me).
This gift box can be personalized to suit any occasion and is a wonderful way to surprise someone special.
I hope you enjoyed this project share for today. As you can see, paper crafting is not limited to just cards and scrapbook pages. There are so many possibilities out there and I hope this one helped to inspire you to try making one for yourself.
Until Next Time.
Tricia Butts

No comments:

Post a Comment