Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fellowship with Crafts

Hi Everyone,
Hope you are all enjoying a beautiful Spring day. It is a gloomy, overcast sort of day here in Northglenn but at least it is not cold, so I am happy. Colorado weather tends to be like a yo-yo, constantly up and down, but never one for very long before it changes again. I think it reflects my life at the moment, lol.
Today I wanted to share with you some simple card designs that I came up with last week. We will be creating these cards at our Church's Womens Group Meeting tonight and I am so excited to share them with the group. We are making early preparations for our Holiday Craft Bazaar in the Fall and we will be taking turns in creating items with different crafts to sell at the Bazaar.
The first card is created using the Medallion stamp as the focal point of the card. The sentiment is from my favorite set, Teeny Tiny Wishes. This card is so versatile and can be created in a variety of colors and what ever sentiment you would like to create a simple card set.
The second card I have to share today is created with the new stamp set, Elements of Style, that can be found in the new Summer Mini Catalog. This set is already a favorite of mine and I am enjoying experimenting with all the different ways that I can use this stamp set. To add some texture to the card, I embossed the stamped image with the new Sizzix Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing folder (available exclusively from Stampin' Up) using the Big Shot and it gives the white cardstock the look of woven fabric. The sentiment is from another new stamp set, Watercolor Trio, which can also be found in the Summer Mini Catalog.
The final card I have to share with you is created with one of Stampin' Up's large background stamps. Bella Toile is a wonderful design and I love the way you can create a card where the background is the main focus of the card. The sentiment is from the stamp set Upsy Daisy. I wanted to have it stand out without taking away from the background so I used the Designer Label punch to create a matte and I stamped it with the Bella Toile stamp to create a tone on tone pattern. Then I punched out the stamped sentiment using the Modern Label punch and matted them together.  I chose to place the sentiment towards the center of the card, but you could position it wherever you would like.
Each of these cards can be stepped up and enhanced by adding embellishments such as ribbons, brads or even another stamped image and it will give you a completely different look. I chose to create these cards using a monchromatic theme, but they could be just as easily created with a combination of colors.
Another interesting idea is that each of these card layouts would work well on a scrapbook page to enhance your photos and personal memories. Stamps can be used to create backgrounds for your pages as well as focal points and embellishments to accent your photos.
I hope you have enjoyed today's card share and I hope I have helped to inspire you in your own projects whether they are cards, scrapbook pages or crafting ideas.
Until Next Time.
Stamping' Hugs,
Tricia Butts

No comments:

Post a Comment