Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Why I Love Being a Stampin' Up Demonstrator

Hello Everyone,
I hope you are enjoying beautiful Spring weather this fine Tuesday. Well, it has been a very busy week since I last posted and I apologize for not sharing with you this past week. With my kids being on Spring Break, it was nice to be able to spend some time with them before the crazy final stretch of school starts again. Someone told me we have 9 weeks of school left until Summer Break, yikes! That means all the end of school year activities will soon start and then there are preparations for teacher gifts. OMG, I am tired just thinking about it!
Which brings me to the title of today's post. I am so thankful that I discovered the opportunity to become a Stampin' Up demonstrator and that I get to do something that I love and still be there for my family when they need me. I have been able make my own decisions as to what kind of demonstrator I want to be and have the flexibility to change to meet the needs of my family and myself.
When I first signed up in September, 2008, I was a "Hobby Demonstrator", taking advantage of the discounts and benefits Stampin' Up provides their demonstrators, for myself and my own personal needs. Over time, as my children have grown up and our family has changed, I have had more time to explore and develop my own business and share it with friends.
I love being able to teach classes and share with my customers the latest techniques I have learned and to inspire them with ideas that they can shape and develop for their own projects. It makes me so happy when I see the joy on someone's face when they realize they have created a card or project that they thought they couldn't possibly make, at a workshop or party. As much as I love creating for myself, I love sharing with others the joy of stamping and creating with others so much more.
One of my favorite things to do is spend time with my two daughters creating cards and projects with them and getting inspired by their wonderful ideas. Children don't have any preconceived ideas as to what colors should be used together or how things should be done and because of that, they create the most incredible things that make me go WOW!  They don't have any fear of "What if this doesn't look right", they just love to see what something will look like if they try something. Some of my best inspirations have come from my creative sessions with my daughters.
I often have people look at the things I create and ask me "Where did you learn how to do that?" or "how did you come up with that idea?" and I tell them it's simple. Being a demonstrator has provided me with an unlimited supply of ideas and techniques that helps me to learn and grow as a demonstrator everyday. Stampin' Up offers wonderful resources to its demonstrators to help teach us and inspire us so that we can continue to provide great ideas and projects to our customers. Plus, Stampin' Up demonstrators are some of the most kind, generous and sharing people I know and they often share their ideas and techniques with the rest of us on various demonstrator groups so that we all benefit.
So as I prepare to go and pick up my children from school, I say a prayer of thanks that I am lucky enough to have found an opportunity to have the best of both worlds. If you would like to learn more about being a Stampin' Up demonstrator (whether you just want to support your hobby or you wish to build your own business), please visit my website:
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/triciabutts/startyourownbusiness
or contact me and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
With Sale-a-bration almost over, now is a great time to join Stampin' Up and save 15% off your Starter Kit. You can choose from the Standard Starter Kit or the Digital+ Starter Kit. Plus, you will also get to choose a free stamp set of your choice (up to $47.95 value). 
But hurry, Sale-a-bration ends March 31st.

Until Next Time.
Stampin' Hugs,
Tricia Butts

No comments:

Post a Comment