Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday Share: A Note of Thanks

Hello Everyone,
Today I thought I would share with you a project that I came up with by accident. I was playing around with my Big Shot and the Box #2 die one afternoon and started thinking that it would make a great Note Card Holder. My husband when he saw it, thought it would be a great Business Card Holder (but that's a story for another day).
So, I decided to create some Thank You notes that are quick and easy to create while still providing variety (if you are like me and don't like to make a lot of things exactly the same). The Thank You cards are inspired by Dawn Griffith, a wonderful, creative demonstrator.
You can customize your Thank You notes by varying the colors used as well as the stamps to create your design.

I chose my colors from the Soft Subtles color family from Stampin' Up and used the large flower from the Vintage Vogue stamp set (from the Occasions Mini catalog) to create the background on the note card and I created the border by using the Scallop Trim Border Punch (Free Sale-a-bration Product with $50 purchase of Stampin' Up products) on a scrap of cardstock to make a stencil.  The sentiment is from my faithful favorite stamp set, Teeny Tiny Wishes. I used Whisper White cardstock for the base for a crisp, clean look and I chose Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink and Barely Banana Classic inks to create the card variations.
For the Note Card Holder I chose Barely Banana cardstock and cut out the box shape with my Big Shot and the Box #2 die. I then decorated one side of the cardstock with the Sweet Swirls wheel and Melon Mambo Classic ink for the inside of the box and on the other side I used the vine stamp from Vintage Vogue stamp set with Barely Banana for a tone on tone pattern for the outside of the box.

I put the box together using Sticky Strip adhesive to give the Note Card Holder extra strength and stability. I decorated the front of the box by stamping the fabulous friend stamp from the Oval All stamp set in Barely Banana Classic ink on Whisper White cardstock. I then punched it out using the Large Oval punch and then matted it onto a piece of Barely Banana cardstock punched with the Scallop Oval punch. Using Stampin' Dimensionals, I attached it to the front of the box.
Now wouldn't this look cute sitting on your desk,  full of note cards just ready for when you need them? It would be a great gift idea too (I am thinking it would be a great Teacher Gift for the end of the school year).
Hope you enjoyed today's project share and hope it inspires you to get crafty in your craft room.
Until Next Time.
Stampin' Hugs,
Tricia Butts

Products Used (All Stampin' Up!):
Stamp Sets: Vintage Vogue, Teeny, Tiny Wishes, Oval All, Sweet Swirls wheel
Cardstock: Whisper White, Barely Banana
Inks: Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Big Shot, Sizzix Box #2 Die, Scallop Trim Border Punch (Sale-a-bration Free Product with $50 purchase of Stampin' Up Merchandise - ends March 31st), Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Sponge Daubers, Sticky Strip, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment