Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Fancy Flowers

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I had a wonderful day yesterday teaching my Creative Cards Class. The theme was Spring Fever and I think we did a pretty good job of creating some very Springy cards.
Today's card share is one of the cards we created yesterday. I was inspired by the wonderful Dawn Griffith and the card she created last week that can be seen here on her blog. I just love visiting her blog and all her amazing creations.  Her version of this card was created using Bashful Blue and Whisper White. I decided to step it up a little by adding some Pretty in Pink plus a little glitter with Dazzling Diamonds to give the card a little sparkle.
Three large flowers were punched using the new Extra Large Fancy Flower punch available in Stampin' Up's Occasions Mini Catalog. After punching two in Pretty in Pink cardstock and one in Bashful Blue cardstock, I then punched out three circles (two Bashful Blue cardstock, one Pretty in Pink cardsock) using the 3/4" Circle punch.
Next I took a strip of Pretty in Pink cardstock and punched a border along one edge using the new Scallop Trim Border (you can earn this free during Sale-a-bration with a $50 purchase of Stampin' Up products).
I then decided to add a little texture, so I embossed the Pretty in Pink cardstock strip and the circles using the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions folder with my Big Shot (they all fit nicely side by side in the folder).
Taking a piece of Whisper White Organza ribbon, I wrapped it along the center of the Pretty in Pink strip and attached the ends to the back of the cardstock. Using sponge daubers, I added Bashful Blue Classic ink around the edge of the blue flower and Pretty in Pink Classic ink around the edges of the pink flowers.
Next, I attached the circles to the centers of the flowers (Bashful Blue on Pretty in Pink and vice versa). With a two way glue pen, I dabbed dots of glue all over each of the circle centers of the three flowers and added Dazzling Diamonds for some sparkle.
Now it is time to put the card together. Using Bashful Blue cardstock for my card base, I attached the Pretty in Pink cardstock strip to my card, approx. 2/3 of the way down the card. Next, I positioned the two pink flowers and adhered them to the card base with snail adhesive. Then I placed the blue flower between the two pink flowers and adhered it to the card using dimensionals.
Finally, I stamped my sentiment using the Sale-a-bration stamp set Vintage Labels in Bashful Blue Classic ink on Whisper White cardstock and then punched it out using the Wide Oval punch. I then attached it to the card with dimensionals towards the bottom of the card so that it partially overlaps the Pretty in Pink strip.
This pretty Spring card can be used in many different ways just by altering the sentiment. Imagine it as a special card to a friend to let them know that you are thinking of them or a way to congratulate someone on the birth of their baby girl. You could even use it as an Easter card. Change the colors around and you can have a completely different look again.
I hope you enjoyed today's card as much as I did creating it and teaching it. As much as I love creating cards, I have so much more fun teaching others how to create their own works of art.
Hope you all have a great week.
Until Next Time.
Stampin' Hugs,
Tricia Butts

Products Used (All Stampin' Up):
Stamp Set: Vintage Labels (Sale-a-bration stamp set free with $50 purchase of Stampin' Up Products)

Vintage Labels - Clear-Mount  119122
                               Wood Mount 118392  Set Quantity: 6

Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder, Extra Large Fancy Flowers Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Whisper White Organza ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Two Way Glue Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Sponge Daubers.

No comments:

Post a Comment