Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Easter Blessings

Hello Everyone,
It's a beautiful, sunny day here in Colorado and the flowers are bravely starting to poke their heads above the earth's surface in search of the sun.
Today's card is a reminder that Easter is only a few weeks away and now is a good time to get started on your Easter cards for friends and family. I chose the stamp set, Abundant Hope, which can be found in Stampin' Up's Occasions Mini catalog (p24). I love the elegance of this stamp set and while it is technically meant for Easter, I think it would also be perfect all year round for birthdays, Anniversary, Thinking of You, Get Well and Sympathy cards. The flower image can be colored using a wide range of techniques including watercoloring with watercolor pencils, watercolor crayons, chalk pastels, and inks. It would also make a lovely tone on tone image.
For my card, I decided that I wanted my flowers to be the main focus of my card design. I wanted the colors to capture your attention, so I chose to color the image with my Stampin' Write Markers.
Using Stazon Jet Black ink, I stamped the floral image onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. Next, I colored the image using Old Olive for the stems and leaves, Crushed Curry for the flowers and added detail with the fine tip of the Dusty Durango marker.
I then matted the image onto a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock. My card base I created from Very Vanilla cardstock and I added a piece of Dusty Durango cardstock that I had embossed with the Finial Press Textured Impressions Folder using my Big Shot.
I wrapped a piece of Very Vanilla Satin ribbon (also available from the Occasions Mini Catalog) around the middle of the Dusty Durango cardstock and adhered the ends to the back and adhered the Dusty Durango cardstock to the Very Vanilla card base.
For the sentiment, I once again chose Jet Black Stazon ink and stamped it on a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock. I then punched it out using the Modern Label punch and matted with an oval cut from Crushed Curry cardstock using the Large Oval punch before attaching it to the card.
Simple, but classically elegant and perfect for the occasion. You could use this card design to create a set of Thank You cards for someone as a lovely gift. Change the colors of the cardstock and flowers for a new look for a different occasion. There are so many possibilities that would make this a wonderful stamp set to add to your collection.
I hope you enjoyed today's card. Please contact me if you have any questions or you would like to place an order.
Until Next Time.
Happy Stampin',
Tricia Butts
P.S. This was the final card from Saturday's card class. Stay tuned for new card shares.

Products Used (All Stampin' Up):
Stamp Set:  Abundant Hope - Clear Mount Stamp   118547  Price: $13.95
                                                      Wood Mount Stamp  117054 Price: $17.95

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango

Ink: Jet Black Stazon ink

Accessories: Big Shot, Finial Press Textured Impressions Folder, Stampin' Write Markers Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango (from the In Colors set of 6 Markers) & Old Olive, Modern Label punch, Large Oval punch, Very Vanilla Satin ribbon, Snail adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment