Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Celebrating the Blues

Hi Everyone,
Well, the weather has decided to be contrary and it can't seem to make its mind up whether we have rain or sunshine today. I guess on a happy note, at least it didn't snow, so  I am thankful for that.  But that pretty much sums up Spring weather here in Colorado and it isn't even Spring technically.
So today's card share I decided to celebrate my favorite color blue with a card that has a more modern and perhaps masculine twist to it. 
I have recently started to experiment with Stampin' Up's Bold Bright color family, and now I am really wondering why I had been shying away from it. I am really liking the vibrant colors, especially when used with Whisper White as I did with today's card.
With such bold, vivid colors, I decided to choose a stamp set with a modern, geometric flavor and reached for Circle Circus from Stampin' Up. I just love the variety of circles available in this stamp set.
Using Tempting Turquoise and Brilliant Blue classic inks, I stamped a pattern on my Whisper White card base using a variety of circles with different patterns and sizes. I then added a piece of Brilliant Blue cardstock that I had embossed with the Finial Press Textured Impressions Folder with my Big Shot to the lower half of my card base.
Next I punched both sides of a strip of Tempting Turquoise cardstock using the Scallop Edge punch.
Taking a piece of Whisper White Organza ribbon, I tied a knot in the center of the ribbon and then attached it to the center of the Tempting Turquoise cardstock. I then attached the strip to the card base,covering the edge where the Brilliant Blue cardstock met with the Whisper White cardstock.
Finally, I chose the Happy Birthday stamp from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set  and using Tempting Turquoise classic ink , stamped it on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. I then punched it out with the Word Window punch and accented it with two silver brads. Using dimensionals,  I applied the sentiment to the card front.
The finished card has a crisp, clean look and by changing the colors used, you can create a wonderful Thank You card set as a gift for someone special.
Hope you enjoyed this card share.
Until Next Time.
Stampin' Hugs,
Tricia Butts

Supplies Used (All Stampin' Up):
Stamp Sets: Circle Circus, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Ink: Tempting Turquoise and Brilliant Blue Classic inks.
Accessories: Big Shot, Finial Press Textured Impressions Folder, Scallop Edge punch, Word Window punch, Whisper White Organza ribbon, silver brads, dimensionals, snail adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment